Joanne joined Active in April 2021 bringing a wealth of experience as a Chartered Financial Planner.
Beginning her career at Yorkshire Bank in 1996 with Active’s Director Paul Gibson, during the last 25 years Joanne has worked as a Financial Adviser at various other banks and well regarded IFA firms around the UK.
Joanne worked very hard to gain chartered status with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) in 2012, being one of the first female advisers to achieve this. Joanne has continued her study and since then gained qualifications in the areas of financial protection and equity release. In addition, she has also studied wills & probate helping her to see the ‘bigger financial picture’ for her clients.
A highly skilled financial planner with 25 years’ experience, Joanne offers a variety of advice, but has built particular specialisms in the areas of pensions, investments and estate planning.
Joanne is mainly based in the North East, but does also travel around the UK to meet with clients.
Due to her continued dedication to provide the best & most up to date advice to her clients, Joanne regularly receives recommendations.
“I love helping clients to achieve their financial objectives and supporting them emotionally as well as financially on the journey”
– Financial Protection (RO5, 2018)
– Equity Release (ER1, 2015)
– Financial Planning Process (AF5, 2012)
– Financial services, regulation and ethics AFPC (RO1, 2010)
– Trust Planning AFPC (JO2, 2009)
– Personal taxation AFPC (JO1, 2008)
– Specialist pensions (K10 & K20, 2006)
– Pensions AFPC (G60, 2005)
– Taxation and trusts AFPC (G10, 2004)
– Long term care, life and health protection AFPC (G80, 2003)
– Supervisory and Sales Management AFPC (H15, 2002)
– Chartered Institute of Bankers: Banking Certificate (pass)
– FPC1, 1995
– CEFA2, 1997
– CEFA3, 1997