Paul is a Director and Chartered Financial Planner and has been at Active since 2009.
Before joining Active, Paul had a long career at Yorkshire bank (19 years) where he learned his trade and worked his way up to Senior Financial Planner specialising in high net worth private and corporate clients. Dedicated to his trade, and committed to supporting clients with a variety of needs, Paul has worked consistently throughout his career to gain advanced qualifications in financial services. These higher level qualifications allow him to provide advice in more complex need areas.
Paul achieved ‘Chartered’ status in 2012, and since then became a Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (part of the Chartered Insurance Institute), the highest qualification awarded by the CII.
In 2013 Paul led the firm’s successful achievement of ‘Chartered’ status .
In 2017, Paul became Trustee of a local charity, The High Tide Foundation. The charity brings together industry and education across Teesside to increase awareness of career opportunities for young people in the Tees Valley.
Paul covers the whole range of financial planning. However, over the years he has built up a real specialism in high net worth investments and pensions, as well as inheritance tax planning and also corporate financial planning. Paul has also advised a number of the North East’s lottery winners. Paul is primarily based in North East, but will often travel to meet clients all over the UK, including London and Glasgow.
– Senior Management and Supervision (AF6, 2016)
– Discretionary Investment Management (J10, 2016)
– Supervision in a regulated environment (JO7, 2015)
– Pension Planning (AF3, 2012)
– Financial Planning Process (AF5, 2012)
– Long Term Care Insurance (CF8, 2012)
– Pension Planning (J04, 2011)
– Pension Income Options (J05, 2011)
– Investment Principles & Risk (RO2, 2010)
– Equity Release (ER1, 2009)
– Personal Tax and Trust Planning (G10, 2003)
– Personal Financial Planning (G20, 2003)
– Business Financial Planning (G30, 2003)
– Certificate in Mortgage Advice (CeMAP, 1997)
– Certificate in Financial Advice (CeFA, 1996)