Emma is an experienced and highly qualified Independent Financial Adviser, who has been recognised for her talents in the area of mortgages featuring in The Sunday Times’ ‘UK’s Top 250 Mortgage Advisers’ 2016.
Emma was also included in The Sunday Telegraph’s ‘Top Rated Professionals’ supplement 2015, The Mail on Sunday’s Personal Finance Special Issue, ‘The Financial Professionals’ 2015 and was also named as a ‘Top Rated Adviser in the UK 2014’ in The Times.
More recently, Emma was recognised at the Women in Finance Awards, reaching the finals in the ’Wealth Management Rising Star of the Year 2018’ category. She was also a finalist at the Women in Financial Advice Awards 2018 in the ‘Financial Adviser of the Year’ category.
Emma joined the financial services industry in 2013 and has previously worked at firms in Darlington & Eaglescliffe before joining Active as an IFA (in the paraplanning team) in August 2016.
In financial services, Emma has a number of qualifications and is currently studying towards being Chartered with only a few exams remaining. Emma also has a Law Degree comprising the LPC, and worked at a leading North East law firm before launching her career in finance.
Emma offers expertise in a range of financial planning products; her key services are mortgages (from first time buyers to buy to let) and equity release, investment planning & retirement planning.
Emma also advises on family protection and associated mortgage protection (including life cover, critical illness cover etc).
– Financial Planning Process (AF5 2016)
– Pension Update (R08 2016)
– Pensions and Retirement Planning (R04 2015)
– Financial Services Products (FA7 2015)
– Financial Planning Practice (R06 2014)
– Advanced Mortgage Advice (R07 2014)
– Equity Release (ER1 2014)
– Long Term Care Insurance (CF8 2014)
– Financial Services, Regulation and Ethics (R01 2013)
– Financial Protection (R05 2013)
– Mortgage Advice (CF6 2013)
– LLB Law Hons Degree (2012)