Alastair joined Active in October 2012 following a successful career in banking, including 20 years at the Royal Bank of Scotland and HSBC where he worked as both an Adviser and Manager. Alastair spent the final ten of these years as an Independent Financial Adviser, working with high net worth individuals and companies and specialising in pensions, investment and inheritance tax planning.
Over the years, Alastair has worked to gain a number of advanced professional qualifications, achieving the status of Chartered Financial Planner in 2009 and Fellow of the Personal Finance Society (part of the Chartered Insurance Institute) in 2015.
As one of Active’s Chartered Financial Planners, Alastair provides excellent service to his clients across all areas, but considers himself best known for his work in pensions, investments and inheritance tax planning.
Alastair tends to work with clients who are based in the North Yorkshire area, including (but not limited to), York and Harrogate.
– Fellowship of the Personal Finance Society (FPFS, 2015)
– Certificate in Equity Release (Certs CII MP & ER, 2014)
– Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning (ACII, 2009)
– Chartered Financial Planner 2009
– Certificate in Long Term Care Insurance (CF8, 2009)